Along with being an owner and partner of our firm, Mike’s extensive banking and consulting experience have established him as a lead profitability enhancement expert for community financial institutions. Coupling adept analytical skill with project management application cultivated throughout his 17-year career, Mike is a knowledgeable and valuable resource for projects of all types. Specifically, he brings expertise in non-interest income enhancement, debit card interchange enhancement, EFT processing and PIN network evaluation & contract negotiation, account-level and relationship profitability analyses, service delivery modeling, marketing analyses, and other general data analytics. Mike’s work as both a consultant and a PRI partner exemplifies the detail-oriented reputation of our company.
- Created and developed the PRI Card Services business unit, providing solutions for EFT processing evaluation and negotiation, card brand evaluation and negotiation, PIN interchange network optimization, and debit card profitability improvement.
- Developed and delivered non-interest income, interchange income, and debit card profitability recommendations for community financial institutions of all sizes, ranging from $150 million to $11 billion in assets.
- Led non-interest income engagements that provided recommendations with a 90%+ approval rate, and averaged over $600,000 in annual revenue enhancement, for an average income increase of 46.7%.
- Created the PRI Debit Dashboard, an EFT network profitability and performance model used to guide clients through various card contract decision-making and negotiation efforts, as well as to analyze profitability between debit card networks in a fluctuating and constantly evolving EFT environment.
- Guided successful implementation and training of the PRI Customer Service Model throughout multiple engagements, directing appropriate staff levels and eliminating excess capacity in teller & platform FTE, re-shaping client branches for efficiency.
- Managed and trained a large team for a Midwestern regional bank’s Business Resource Center on internal/external customer service, customer retention, problem resolution & troubleshooting, inbound/outbound sales, online banking, item processing and fee collection.
- Has spoken to thousands of banking and CU professionals, including teaching the community banking elective course, Strategies for Increasing Non-interest Income, at the ABA Stonier Graduate School of Banking (a Wharton School partner) at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.